Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Olympics

Here are the pictures of the specific activities and the student work.

I also had a section on the board called "Radiant Riddles" which gave riddles about topics relating to the Olympics. Students really enjoyed trying to decipher those riddles!

There are also some student comments about what the students thought about the Think Tank-Olympics.



Casey did a good job with this activity. She has added different designs on medals each to represent something different.






This is a close up of Sammie's brochure on Greece. She did a lot of great research on the Internet and learned a whole lot about the country where the Olympics originated.

Luke, Hailey, and Sammie all decided to do this brochure about a country that attends and competes in the Olympics. They all did a fabulous job!

Ian did a great job of combining two sports to make a new sport. He combined swimming with basketball. He drew his illustration on the front and put his rules on the back. Here are his rules: No hurting. You can't get out and shoot. If you get 20 points you win. No slam dunking!




Unfortunately, none of the students opted to do this assignment. It could be a fun activity to do together at home in the future.

I selected Eli's example for this activity. He made a design and told us a little about it. He decided that it stood for cooperation and sportsmanship.


"The activity I enjoyed most was Radiant Riddles. I liked it because it talked about history." -Jake
"The activity I enjoyed the most was #5 because I learned some stuff about Jamaica." - Luke
"The activity I enjoyed the most was #5 because I myself got to learn too."
- Sammie
"I enjoyed #3 because it is very creative." - Eli
"I enjoyed #1 because it gets your mind working." - Mikayla
"I enjoyed #3 because I like to color." - Ian
"I enjoyed Radiant Riddles because I like riddles." - Cameron
"I enjoyed #5 because it helps you learn about a different culture." - Hailey
"I enjoyed #5 because you learn alot." -Casey


























1 comment:

Aesha Johnson said...

Mrs. Anker,
I really like your blog. Your olympic activities look like fun.
Ms. Johnson