Friday, November 7, 2008

Owl Pellets


We dissected owl pellets today. Don't worry, we wore gloves to protect our hands from germs. All the kids got their own owl pellet and got to examine all the interesting animal bones that were not able to be digested by the owl. We got out our hand lenses and observed all the neat things we found. Below is a close up of Josie who found the remains of a skull! I took pictures of all the remains the kids found. There is even a picture of the sheet we filled out after we completed the activity.












































































I enjoyed it when we found bones because I found a skull and I want to do it again. By: Josie
I think this activity was awesome. I found 13 bones. I think the inside of the pellet was really stinky. But all of my bones were really small.
By: Nathan
I like it when we found the bones. It was really stinky.
By: Mikayla
I didnt like it because it smelled like poop and looked like poop!
By: Michael
I liked to see the bones because it looks cool.
By: Alex
I thought it was fun and I want to do it again.
By: Kinsey
I found really cool bones and fur and feathers. It was awesome when Josie found a skull. The activity was the coolest in the world.
By: Luke
I thought it was cool. I want to do it again but with more bones.
By: Trey
I liked doing the pellet activity because we got to see bones inside the body of a wildlife animal.
By: Hailey
I liked this activity very much. I liked it more than anything else..
By: Eli
I loved the owl pellet but it smelled. I would totally do it again! It also looks like a stinky old fossil!
By: Casey
I think it was really cool because it was black. The bones were really small too.
By: Aubrey
I liked when I found all the bones.
By: Jack B.
I didnt like it because it smelled like poopy.
By: Jake
I thought it was gross plain gross it was fun though it was fun! (chuckle, chuckle)
By: Sammie
I thought finding bones was cool.
By: Ryan

No comments: