Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Please don't eat me for Thanksgiving!

We have been studying author's purpose in reading and writing. We have learned a saying to make it easier to remember what the author's purpose might be. It's as easy as
P- persuade
I- inform
E- entertain

We have not had a lot of experience with persuasive work so we decided to write a persuasive letter. The assignment was for the students to pretend they were a turkey and try to persuade people not to eat them for Thanksgiving.
We did this as a center rotation and the students typed them up themselves in computer class today. I am copying and pasting directly off of what they typed.
Since most of them did not sign the letter with their name- I wrote the name of the author below the letter.

Dear Armes and Johns family,
Please do not eat me! Eat chicken! It’s way better than me. I’m just rotten old turkey. Eat something else like pumpkin pie or cranberry sause. OR MAYBE SALAD JUST DON’T EAT ME! I’m not as good as anything of the things I just said. Go to Chick-fill-a. They have chicken. Just don’t eat me.
Sincerely your friend, Terriffic Teresa the Turkey.
[Aubrey Armes-Johns]

Dear chef,
Don’t eat me for Thanksgiving. Or I will slap you on the side of the head personally. But if you do don’t cook me with butter. But please not with stuffing.
Sincerely,
Super Turkey
P.S. I taste bad
(Alex)

Dear peoples,
Don’t eat turkey for thanksgiving.
I don’t like the taste of your mouth!!
“ewwwww!!!”
I don’t the feel of the gun.
I love being alive and free.
From Bob the turkey
(Jack B.)

Dear caperini family,
I don’t care!
I do not I repute do not want you to eat me! Eat bean soup, Pumpkin pie, or cranberry souse! Anything! No turkey here is 8 reasons why;
1 I have 1, 00000 kids and 8 wife’s
2 I have no food
3 I am rotten
4 chickens is better
5 I have 1, 00000 kids
6 8 of my wife’s died
7 I have no other good reasons
8 I am really skinny all of the feathers are feathers 36 inches deep.
Please I’m rotten I stink I’m skinny
Yours truly (sniff)
Bo- Bo Turkey
(Josie)


Dear people,
Never eat turkey for Thanksgiving or ever.
And don’t shot us!
And don’t hunt us down!
Or are mom will eat you up!
So don’t eat turkey eat chicken!
From,
Turkey
(Jake)
P.S. Never eat TURKEY!

Dear peeps,
Do not eat me for Thanksgiving, go to chick filet and share your chicken
With Santa . Don’t eat me because you need fruit like steak or beef.
Don’t eat me because I do not taste good, I taste like dirt. Do not eat me
because the gobbletairy will get you. Do not eat me because you need
Gatorade.
Gobble yo,
T turk
(Kinsey)

Dear Richter family,
Please do not eat me for Thanksgiving. I am a kind Turkey. I want to live. Here are two reasons. I have ten wives. Ten of them are dead.
Sincerely,
Ryan Turkey/
(Ryan)

To the Losee’s family.
Don’t eat me! I have one kid and one wife! I also taste like a frog on a log in the
Bog with a hog in the fog! Eat something else! Like a chicken or something.
From turkey chicken pig.
(JACK L .)

Dear Yoyo’s,
Or…. Well, whoever you are! Don’t eat me! Because I’m haunted and I taste horrible. Please , I’ve got 8 wives and 2 beautiful children. I’d hate to die! Please, eat chicken! I don’t care if he’s my best friend, eat him! Uh-oh! Here he comes now!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Signed ,
Terrible Turkey
(Sammie Losee)
If you eat me I’ll peck you until you die!

Dear people,
Do not eat me for Thanksgiving if you do I will smack you across the face.
I have 96 daughters and 1 son . Eat something else for Thanksgiving like pumpkin pie
Or some chicken from chick fill a . Don’t eat me because its against the gobble
Law or if you eat me I will call the gobble turkey cops.
Sincerely,
Goble gobble turkey
(Hailey)
p.s. I taste bad


Dear somebody,
Please don’t eat me I taste gross. I have one wife and 200 kids. If you eat me my 200 kids will attack you. Oh and did you know that I taste horrible. I tasted my self today and I am yuck. Please don’t eat me! Please don’t eat me! I repeat please don’t eat me! It really hurts when you shoot turkeys!
Sincerely,
Theadore the Turkey
(Luke)
P.S. Please don’t eat me!

Dear china boy,
PLEASE DON’T EAT ME! I’m very small and wouldn’t fill you up. You can eat a rooster. Also I just ate raw octopus. If you eat me I’ll poke you with my sharp beak.
Sincerely,
Turkey
(Trey)

Dear dudes and dudettes,
I am mad because you are going to eat me for Thanksgiving!
Because I have a wife and 8 kids. Chickens are much fatter they don’t have any kids. Also because I have space issues and will make your tummy explode. I am wealthy so I will give you 1,000 dollars. So please I’m begging you please don’t eat me.
Love,
Chicken turkey
[Casey]

Dear people of earth,
Please do not eat me! I have 50 kids!
I won’t make a meal either! That big
Fat chicken over there is much
Much better me! Beside’s I’m skinny! I’m
Slimy too! Even though I’m juicy I’m
Bad!
From,
Cameron Turkey
(Cameron)

Dear peoples,
Please do not eat any TURKEY!!!!!!!! Turkey tastes horrible/gross. Have some salad instead. Or have some pork. Or have some hot dogs. Have a pie. The cows at Chick Fil A say eat more chicken.
Love,
Tommy Turkey
(Thai)

Dear somebody,
PLEASE DON’T EAT ME! Because I tasted my self and I tasted like poop! So I tell you
Don’t eat me! And even if you don’t listen to me you won’t even kill me! And I will also
Slice of your head!
From: Speed the turkey
From: U.S.A
(Follow chick-fill-a to eat more chicken not turkey! P.S)
(Michael)

Dear everybody
Don’t eat me! Because I have 100 children and 500 wifes. I roll in slime so if you
eat me you will be full of slime. Start listening to the chick-fill-a cows they say eat more
chicken not turkey! It is against the gobble- gobble laws to eat me! So I will smack you
and you will fall down and break your head. Or I might shoot eggs at you and you will
break your legs and arms. If you try to eat a cookie I will peck them up.
From,
Gobble Slime Turkey
P.S. I’m Discusting!
(Nathan)

Dear people,
Do not eat me I taste like a rotten egg. Do not eat me because it is against the gobble law. I have 5,000,000 kids and 5 wife’s 2 got eaten. Eat chicken because I’m too old to die so eat chicken. Because the cow at chick filet says eat more chicken. Or he will smack you in the face so no turkey. Or I will give you a hard attack and eat you for dinner.
Sincerely, super tom slime turkey.
(Ian)
p.s. if you eat turkey I will call the gobble gobble police.

Dear cook,
DO NOT EAT ME because if you do I will peak you into pieces with my beak! I roll in mud! Start eating chicken at chick-filet EAT FROGS IF YOU ARE A VEGERTARIAN!!! I have1000 daughters and 0 son’s! If you eat me I will call the gobble-gobble cop’s!!! And gobble-gobble sensation!
Sincerely,
Gobble-Gobble cops
(Mikayla)
P.S.I stink for Thanksgiving!!!

Dear American civilization,
Please don’t eat me for Thanksgiving! I am your Bud. I roll in mud. So eat something else for Thanksgiving. What about a frog that lives in a bog? Just do NOT eat me!
-Sincerely, Turkey Lurkey
(Eli)

No comments: