Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Digestive System

For the last month in science we have been learning all about the human body. We ended our unit with some culminating centers. These centers included a joint hunt, testing their respiratory rate, researching an organ, and writing a RAFT about the process of digestion. The RAFTS turned out so great I couldn't resist putting them on the blog.
Role- piece of food
Audience- another piece of food
Format- Letter
Topic- telling them about their journey through the digestion system
The kids started typing them in the computer lab today and then finished in our classroom. They are all child typed with their spellings.
Please enjoy!


Dear Chicken,
It’s me Cow. I was dinner today. I started out on a plate. Then this kid ate me. He was chewing me and swallowed me and I went down the Esophagus. Then I went in the Small Intestine. Then the Large Intestine. Then I was dead and got pooped out.
From Cow
(Aubrey Armes-Johns)

Dear Popcorn
I was eaten yesterday. It was like this. In the mouth there were teeth that hurt. Then you go down… and down. When you enter the stomach it breaks you down. Then small intestines suck you up. Then you go into the big intestines. Last you tern into poop P U.
Sincerely your friend,
Hamburger with cheese or cheesburger
(Alex Blaudow)

Dear spinach,
Hello,Im already flushed down the toilet.
First,I went inside the mouth.
Next,I went down to the stomach,I saw the liver!
Then, I went into the small intestant,I saw some mushed coming my way!
Then, I went into the large intestant, I saw the same food coming my way!
Last, I fell into water, I smelled the brown thing next me.
It smelled desqusting.
I heared a flush and I was GOOOOOOONEE
From pizza
p.s. his teeth were yellow.
(Jack Boran)

Dear brownie,
I’m being grinded with icicles’!
I’m going down a rollercoaster!!
(Esophagus) SCREECH! CRASH!! I’m at a dead-end!
FWOOSH! I flew in an oafish shape thing
(stomach) hey!-CLUNK! My audience something fell
On me. Decription :white crysteish tastey fluffy.
I belive it was marshmallow
If you ask me. Cu-CLUNK! Hey hi ma OOFFFFF! I’m……being………squased.. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH oooooooo aahhhhhhh I’m in a hose! ( s intastin)…...
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH oooooooo aahhhhhhhh I’m in a bigger hose! (l intestine)
………….. PLIP! Hey! I’m in a tub of lemonade and other brownies! WHIRL POOL!..
Sewage..gross!
Now icky,
Fudge
(Josie Caporini)

Dear Carrot,
I got eaten today.
I had to travel through the Esophagus to the stomach.
I was churned around in very small pieces.
Walls of the small intestine absorb vitamins into the bloodstream.
Food that cannot be digested is pushed into the large intestine and pooped out.
From,
Apple
(Jake Faiella)

Dear Strawberry
I, grape, was eaten on Saturday. I went down a tube no I am
pretty sure it was the esophagus. Then I landed and it hurt a lot
because it felt hard. Then I fell in a bag, it was the stomach.
It felt cool when I landed because I jumped back up and then back
down and didn’t jump back up. But then, I turned brown and fell
again and it was like a slide. I passed the small and large intestine
and fell very fast and went down, down, down, down.
Then I fell in to the toilet because I was poop. Hi mom, no don’t
Flush! Mommy oh no it’s me that’s me falling too. Help
I want my dad oh hi dad!
Chew,
Grape
(Kinsey Ganson)

Dear Pretzel,
I was digested today. I went through the mouth. Down the esophagus. Then down to the stomach. Then to the small intestine. Then the large intestine. Then I was pooped out
Sincerely
Hamberger
(Ryan Haley)

Dear Cake,
One day I was sleeping then I get hurt badly. That woke me up. I was in someone’s mouth! Then I fell down! Then I felt another grape on me! I went in the stomach! Oh! How unpleasant! I was getting grinded up. How could that happen? I went through the small intestine, it was like a roller coaster. I felt like I would never stop!!! Then I went into the large intestine. It was less like a roller coaster. Then the bathroom. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went in the toilet. Down I go!!! The other group was there too! Bye Bye!
From,
Grape
(Jack Landmark)

Dear Chicken,
Somebody ate me! Well, I went through this tube, and it was not
Comfortable, at all! Then, somehow I got broken up into tiny little pieces.
Then, I went through something that was like a slippin slide, `I did it twice.
I turned brown, and now I’m sitting in something white, and now I’m
Sitting here with my family waiting to see what will happen next!
Love,
Brown Pizza
(Sammie Losee)



Dear Popcorn,

I, the chocolate cake, was swallowed today. First, I went into the mouth. Next, I went down the esophagus how scary . Then, I went into the stomach that little bag tried to crunch me up . Then I went into the small intestine when I was in there I couldn’t even
See my own chocolate body . Then I went into the large intestine. Last, ewww ewww ewww then I became poop.
Your friend,
The chocolate cake
(Hailey McJunkin)

Waffle
You won’t want to go do OWIE! In there. Whoa! I’m going down the esophagus. Where am I? I’m in the stttoooooomach! This hurts, OWIE! It’s the asied. STOP! It! I’m I’m in the small intestOWIW!ine. Now! I’m in the large OWIE! Intestine. Man I don’t like toilet water! Then you go out! Mom, where are you?!
(Luke Moorer)

Dear Banana,
I just went down the digestive system. First I got bitten into little pieces then I went down the esophagus and into the stomach. Half of my body into the small intestine and the other half into the large intestine. I am now all alone in this world pool.
From,
Apple
(Trey Oliver)

Hi Hot Fudge,
Guess what I just went on the greatest adventure of my life! I first got hit by these white things[Teeth]. Then I went down a slide [Esophagus]. WHOOSH! Then inside this big circle[Stomach]. Then little elves started poking me[chemicals].Then I was small enough to enter a blood stream. WHEE! Then all my energy got sucked out with the small intestine. Then the parts of me that couldn’t stay got sucked in the large intestine. Then I got out of the body and went down in whirlpool!

Your friend,
Brownie
(Casey Peterson)

Hello Food,
I am just being softened up.
Now I am going down the Esophagus .
Now I`m in the stomach. I`m into the small intestine. Boy, that
was fun. Now it` s into the large intestine. No ! I`m turning brown! Plop!
Half mercy! No! Don` t flush!
From,
Pizza
(Cameron Puopolo)

Dear Apple Slice,
Im going down the digestive system-oh there is the lungs and ribs!
Im all broken up!
Now Im in the stomach!
Ahhhhhh ouch oooo eee!
Im eee being oooo broken ouch up!
Now I am in the small intesnes.
Feeww Im poop and in the toilet.
Good bye.
Your best friend,
Apple Seed
(Thai Richter)


Dear grape,
I got eaten by somebody named Michael, first spit came out and I was grossed out by it. Then I went in the esophagus and I started to think I would not have enough room left. Then I fell in the stomach and it started to brake me up! Then I fell into the small intestine and I got broken up! Then I fell in the large intestine I was about to die, but luckily , I was to small to be smashed again and then I got out in the toilet and I went to the sewer and I floated all the way to a ocean .There I lived happily.
From,
Goldfish
From: U.S.A
To: China
(Michael Shi)

Dear Mrs. Potato
WOW! BAM! CRASH! I just fell in a persons mouth ! WEEE! I’m going down a
Waterslide. OUCH! SON! You hit me. Great now I’m crumbled up. OH! NO! NOW
I’M IN THE DIGESTIN SECTION! I can’t swim I can’t swim! Now I’m in the large
Intestine! IGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I’m the small intestine . oops I fell BAM!!
OH MAN! I’m poop.
From your pal Mr. Tomato.
(Nathan Suki)

Dear food,
I got eaten. Today it felt good you should do it some day. First I went down
the tube second I went to the stomach third I went to the small. Intestine
sistom and last I went to the big intestine sistom. And the best part I got
pooped out. I sol lots of food and water. I ternd in to small peces by the
diejestive sistom. Because it broke me in TONS of pecese.
Your friend,
pie
(Ian Underhill)

Dear Popcorn,
I the Chocolate cake have been eaten!
I have been chewed up and now I’m in the esophagus. Next is the STOMACH AHHH! Cool the small intestine. The large intestine is scary!!! I’m melting I’m melting! Soon I will be pooped out. So long for now
Your Friend,
Chocolate cake
P.S. Bye forever!
(Mikayla VanJaarsveld)

Dear spinach,
Ow! Ow! Someone is chewing me up! GUG! Hey,they swallowed me! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!!!!! What sort of slide is this? The esophagus I suppose? OH NO!!I will go into the stOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWmach!! The ow! Walls ow! Of the stomach are crunching me up! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! A nice long swimming pool. I never knew the small intestine could be so comfortable! EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I’m turning into this icky brown stuff in the large intestine! I suppose I’m going to join you in the toilet.
-Rice pudding
(Eli Wolf)

No comments: